|The starter town money trick #0926
This trick can be used to boost your city when you start in a similar way to the Call Cousin Vinnie cheat, except this won't mark your city as having used cheats, and you can use it as many times as you want. You can also use it at any time when your city has very little money. An additional use is that you can use it to quickly get rid of excess cash, as some mayors, having used a money trainer, eventually become bored with the lack of challenge and want to get rid of the money. You may have discovered this yourself, but I have never heard of anyone else knowing of it.
- Start SC3K or SC3KU and start a new city or load an existing city with very little cash. If you want to get rid of extra money, skip the next step.
- Spend as much of the money you have on new construction as you can, but don't take out any loans. They will not go away.
- Save the city and hold Alt, then press Tab to minimize the game.
- Start Explorer and open the SC3K folder.
- Go to the Cities folder and find the city you just saved. Move it to the Starter Towns folder or to the Terrains folder, it doesn't make any difference which one you choose.
- Go to the folder you moved the city to and find the city. If you can see .sc3 at the end of its name, skip to step 8.
- Click on the Tools menu in Explorer and select Folder Options. Find a checkbox named "Hide file extensions of known files" and uncheck it. Click OK.
- If you are in the Starter Towns folder, rename the file extension of your city from .sc3 to .st3, or if you are in the Terrains folder, from .sc3 to .sct.
- Go back into SimCity and select Load Starter Town if you made your city a Starter Town, or Load Real City Terrain if you made your city a Terrain.
- Select your city from the list and enter its name and the mayor name, make sure the starting money is set to 50,000, and accept.
- You should now have 50,000 Simoleons, no more, no less.
To do this again, spend all the money on whatever you want, although you can't build anything that costs more than 50,000 Simoleons because this trick gets you a fixed amount of cash, not an added amount, then repeat steps 3 to 11. You'll need to delete the existing Starter Town or Terrain version of the city to continue. Repeat as desired.
Cheat code sheet
Inherit other city's money, use new terrain
Make money through tax loophole
Display article in printer-friendly mode
Copyright and disclaimer: All HTML, text, and graphics in this article are copyrighted by SC3000.COM and/or the article's author(s). Only SC3000.COM has permission to reproduce the work of the author(s) unless otherwise noted. Reproduction of any text in this article without written consent of the article's author(s), or reproduction of any HTML or graphics by SC3000.COM without SC3000.COM's written consent, is strictly prohibited. Neither SC3000.COM, nor the author(s) of the article, are responsible for any damage caused by the use of this article.